Sunday, November 14, 2010

Emptiness

Today I came home from my dad's house, partially expecting what we were about to find. My step-dad's cat (20 years of age) had passed away and chosen her "spot" in the office behind a fake tree. At first I didn't know how to react. It was only two hours ago and its already a blur. I know my heart started beating really fast and I had to sit down on the steps. The next thing I did was go upstairs to my room and journal. Following this, I realized I needed to be busy. So I turned on my ipod and made my mom's Christmas gift early. I don't remember the last time I cried but mid-journal I let it all out. I don't know how I feel quite yet. Am I angry? Sad? Scared? Whatever it is that is flying through my brain had me go eat ice cream. I haven't had ice cream in almost three and a half months. Apologies for my short and choppy sentences, thats pretty much how I'm feeling right now.
I don't quite know how to end this post but happy twenty months, Adam. I can't wait to see you next week. I need you.

No comments:

Post a Comment